All About Adoption
If you are searching for a new furry family member we have many wonderful cats available for adoption. You can see them all here.
If you’re still not sure, or maybe just need some more information you’ve come to the right page. You can also contact us anytime for help with any questions you might have.
Adopting a new pet is a life-long commitment and should not be entered into lightly, so take your time, ask questions and do your research!
Since our cats are housed in foster homes, we know their personalities, behaviours, likes and dislikes very well and can help match you with a perfect fit so the adoption is a success for everyone involved.
The Adoption Process:
Our adoption process sounds long and a bit difficult when written out, but we assure you it is actually easy and goes quickly. See the steps below, and again we are here to help with any questions.
- Find a pet you like from our available list or contact us to ask, we may have some new-comers not added yet that we can send you the info directly. Complete the form and it will be sent directly to us regarding the cat you are interested in.
- Once we receive the form we will contact you as quickly as possible to get things underway. Usually, a few emails or phone calls is all it takes to proceed to the next step. We will go over all your questions and tell you all about the cat (if it’s a good fit or not, etc.).
- During our conversation, we will send you a link for our adoption application. The application takes 1-2 days to process. We will notify you if approved or denied as soon as possible.
- Once your application is approved we can then schedule the mandatory home visit. At this time we will also bring the cat for a meet and greet. You are not obligated to adopt or pay any adoption fee and can take as much time as you like to decide if you will adopt or not. We also bring a copy of pet records and the adoption contract for you to review before making a decision and if you might have any questions or concerns regarding the contract.
- At this point, if everything has been approved on our part, it is up to you how to proceed next. You may adopt the same day as the visit, or take more time to decide.
- Once you decide to adopt you are required to agree and sign the adoption contract and pay the adoption fee before the cat is officially given to you. Our adoption fee is $135.00. Our cats are fully vetted/updated prior to adoption. However, check our site and facebook often, sometimes we have specials on the adoption fee. In some rare cases or instances, depending heavily on the situation and approval of our board, we may reduce the adoption fee.
- Lastly, we ask that you update us within 2 weeks of the adoption and on occasion after that. Even after adoption, our adopters are part of our rescue family, we are always here for suggestions, advice and to share experiences. So, feel free to keep in touch or contact us anytime for any reason.